Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's Game Day: Bath Rugby

Today started like any other...woke up, took my meds (turns out I have a severe case of strep throat but I am on the mend!), ate breakfast, and went to the library with Fiona to get some work done.  We left at 12:30 to meet up with Kate and Emily to grab some lunch at a pub, but every single one was packed with overzealous men drinking quite large pints.  We thought this was quite odd for a rainy Saturday afternoon.  We soon found out there was a Bath rugby game today.  I have been in Bath for almost 4 weeks now, and I have never seen the streets or the pubs so bustling.  The pubs were overflowing and the streets were almost unwalkable.  We ended up going to a cafe for lunch, which seemed like a safer bet than a pub.  We ate along the River Avon, which, coincidently, was 5 minutes from the rugby stadium.  The game wasn't for two hours but it was already in full attendance of viewers, despite the cold, rainy inclimate weather.
It is now my goal to attend a Bath rugby game, and to attain a Bath rugby shirt...that was all I saw today!
I am starting to fit right in.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment