Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bath vs London Wasps

A few Saturday's ago a few friends and I went to a real, live, professional rugby game! We had awesome seats and it was so much fun! Before hand we met at the Huntsman, the pub next to my house. It was 1 o'clock in the afternoon and it was PACKED. And thats what every pub is like on game day.  Its such a fun culture, and there are people of all ages there. We actually saw Andrew, our internship coordinator/mentor there!
Outside of the Huntsman...the inside was just as packed!

We then went to the game..our seats were 3 rows from the field so we had great seats!! I sat with one of the student helpers from Bath University and he helped me with the rules of the game.  I knew some but not all and it was really interesting how they look at it as American football but for real men. 
The Scrum :) 
Marie, Fiona, and I 
Marie, Charlie, and I 

It was so much fun and definitely a cultural experience in England.  They do love their sports, especially 'football' and rugby! 

Keep Calm and Support Bath! 


No comments:

Post a Comment